Sunday, March 14, 2010

"What's on your agenda today?"

The past few days have been much more relaxed than the beginning of the trip. The last day in Atlanta we just hung out, it has been raining everywhere we went. On our way to Hobe Sound, Florida we stopped in Downtown Disney hoping to see Amanda H but that didn't work out too well. So we just walked around to stretch our legs.



Today I went up in my first lighthouse ever!! It was gorgeous at the top. Amanda got to climb her trees and vines at the lighthouse. Then we walked on Jupiter Beach. The water was so blue, at least bluer than I have ever seen it in NC.



Tomorrow we leave for the Everglades and the Keys woooo! More exciting news later to come.



Nadeen


Hmm well like Nadeen said We have been relaxing and fitting in the last bit of TV we will see for awhile. Nadeen's family was awesome. They all wanted to give us everything we could ever need and more. And not only did they want to make sure we had everything but they wanted me make sure we never left for the trip. It was so cute, they keep trying to find a way to make us stick around for "just another day" the other popular question was, "can I come along?" Unfortunately we have my jeep packed ridiculously full and had to say no to everyone.
They were great and I hope it wasnt the last time I ever get to visit with them.

That being said I was also super anxious to get to Florida so that I could spend time with my family. Its interesting to see how different our families are and where and who we get our amazing personalities and character from :)

The stop in Downtown Disney was a good idea but a stressful one. The traffic was a nightmare. Really the traffic everywhere we've been in the past two days has been crazy! And I know its only going to get worse as we head to the Keys during spring break week...

The Lighthouse today was awesome! I got to swing from trees and vines just like Tarzan (or Jane according to Nadeen, but that just doesnt sound as cool to me). The Ocean was absolutely beautiful and the waves managed to catch me off guard enough that I ended up with sand in my pockets..

Its been great seeing family and friends but now its time to move on and see and do things we've never done before. IM EXCITED! So tomorrow we head to the Everglades and Key West. Pythons, alligators, and creepy men in trailers... PLEASE STAY AWAY :)

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. When you are in Key West be sure to get up early (tough I know but worth it) and go downtown to see the roosters roaming along Duval street. There are hundreds, some say thousands, of them roaming everywhere. The peel and eat shrimp with a cocktail at sunset pier is awesome too. Don't listen to the locals, the keylime pie at kermit's is not that great.

    ReplyDelete