Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Driving, driving, and wait....more driving

The past week has been incredible (and it's only the beginning), however there has been a lot of driving :( Already about 2500 miles on the car. Amanda's grandparents are the cutest people ever, I enjoyed being with them thoroughly. But alas, it was time to leave and we drove 4 hours to the Everglades. Holy cow I have never seen so many alligators in one area. It was so nice and peaceful and the sleeping was so comfortable. The temperature was perfect! The only downfall... I have been bitten freaking all over by mosquitoes. It's really bad right now, I'm scratching constantly. Hopefully they go away before I scratch off my skin.

Our next adventure takes us to Key West, Florida. A trip that should have taken only 3 hours ended up taking 4. Apparently Florida loves doing construction in the middle of the day on a two way road. I don't think I have ever gotten so much road rage. The drive was beautiful though. Woo spring break! There were people everywhere. We got there just in time for our parasailing reservation. I would recommend parasailing to everyone. It is so much fun and so relaxing in the air. I did get hit on by the fairly attractive, but slightly odd, guy on the boat helping us. It was funny, but like I said, odd. The rest of the day was us just hanging out in Key West. The entertainers in Mallory square were interesting and one of a kind. Everything from acrobatics to juggling fire and swallowing swords. Then we sat and watched the sunset in the southern most part of the US :)

We attempted to drive from Key West to New Orleans (we left at 830 and my gps placed us in New Orleans at 1030 the next morning). Yea that didn't work! We had to stop in Sarasota for the night and finish the rest today. Basically it has been a wonderful day on the road haha. We finally reached New Orleans at 7. When people on TV talk about the destruction in New Orleans I always thought it was just exaggerated. I didn't even walk through it, but by driving by it all it is clearly not! Tomorrow we will spend the day in the French Quarter and Bourbon St and I am stoked. Stay tuned for future updates haha :) Bye guys!
Nadeen

No comments:

Post a Comment