Monday, March 22, 2010

Everything is bigger in Texas!

Hello all :) Amanda has done a great job summing up New Orleans and Arkansas and my feelings about them. Unimpressed about New Orleans, but thouroughly enjoyed seafood gumbo! And sticking my foot in the Mississippi River. After New Orleans we drove to Arkansas, my GPS is stupid and got me all turned around. Arkansas....yea not much to say. Hot Springs National Park and the town of Hot Springs are very proud of giving the US Bill Clinton and Arkadelphia (that's where we stayed the second night) does not believe of peanut butter milkshakes!!!!! That makes me despise Arkansas :)

After Arkansas we drove to Dallas, Texas to see my friend Morgan. IT SNOWED IN TEXAS IN MARCH!!! Apparently that doesn't happen and folks in Texas don't know how to drive in snow at all. We saw two pretty bad accidents, yet everyone continued to drive like maniacs. Well we got into Dallas finally and so far I like Texas. We didn't do much but enough to make an impact on me haha. We drove over to the new Cowboys stadium but couldn't see much of the inside because they were closing. Morgan made us some amazing crab legs for dinner and then we went to watch Alice in Wonderland in 3D (which is pretty good just not in 3D). Morgan was an amazing host and I was thrilled to see him after so long.

The next day involved Amanda and I packing up once again and driving to San Antonio to stay with some of my family. Today we didn't do much but relax. Amanda chilled while I played with my cousin's 2 little girls all day. That night Amanda and I experienced our first hookah ever. Not so weird to hear that Amanda has never done one, but my cousin was shocked that I hadn't especially because my family does it all the time (we are Middle Eastern if you didn't know, and if you didn't know that then you shouldn't read this blog because you aren't a true friend haha). Nevertheless, some wine and some hookah, I got little buzzed fairly quickly. It was nice :) The plan was to leave tomorrow but as Amanda mentioned in an earlier blog, my family is usually very insisting that we stay another night and this time they succeeded. We will be going downtown with the family to the Riverwalk and the Alamo. It should be nice. I like Texas and I like that they do everything bigger (though I haven't seen anything bigger other than the movie theatre). Talk to you guys again soon! Bye guys.

Nadeen

No comments:

Post a Comment