Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Road Trip Jitters

Hello folks! So it's day one and it's been a rocky start. First, when filling gas I overflowed the tank (I know, my b). I kind of knew that it was gonna be one of those days from then on. We finally got to Congaree National Park, right outside of Columbia, SC (a hour behind schedule let me add) and it's drizzling rain ALL DAY. We take a 5 mile hike through the park, which was pretty cool, and we learned a lot. Most importantly...don't wear your good tennis shoes on a trail when it's raining :) Pictures will be posted soon on here (if I can figure out how) or on facebook. Later, Amanda cooked dinner!!! Penne and marinara, because we both missed Italian food so much already haha. It was pretty good though. Then we set up for camp. While we settling into the tent to just hang out we kept freaking ourselves out. It was us and the creeper in his trailer and that's it. Keep in mind we are in the back woods alone!! Needless to say, I really freaked and we packed up everything and drove 3.5 hours to Atlanta to my family's place. I'm still trying to adjust living out of a car :(

Lessons for today:
Don't wear good tennis shoes on trails while it's raining
Muck is good for pollution
I'm mildly afraid of heights (don't ask)
Can't camp when no one else is around or I go nuts!

So we will be in Atlanta for a few days. I will keep you posted on upcoming events! Bye everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment