Thursday, March 11, 2010

Atlanta

Today was a mix of family and fun! Amanda and I went to eat lunch with both of my cousins, who are both in elementary school. It reinforces the fact that I only like kids in my family and of friends. Holy cow! They were loud and obnoxious. However, what have the school systems done to lunch? I got ssshhhed at because I was too loud??? Lunch is a time for them to release some pent up energy and the kids are told to be quiet. It doesn't make sense and it seems like an impossible task to be doing especially with elementary school kids.

Anyways....after lunch, Amanda and I decided to hike up to the top of Stone Mountain. For those who don't know, Stone Mountain is a huge piece of granite over 700 ft tall. It had rained that morning so the rock was fairly slippery. Dude! It was a steep as mess and a freaking workout. 2.6 miles there and back. The further you went the denser the fog and the more moisture we got on our heads and clothes. Amanda just thought I had sweat so bad from the hike. I mean I know it took a lot out of me but I'm not that bad out of shape haha. We hung out on top for a little and began our trek down. Amanda is fairly clumsy on the walk down and slips numerous times but only falls once :)

After the hike, we got home and went to a 7 year old's indoor pool party. This pool was insane with a slide that goes from inside to outside and back inside. A playground in the middle of the pool and a lazy river. I was really sad I didn't bring my bathing suit then. Overall, a pretty busy day from 9am to about 9pm. I'm exhausted and tomorrow is mostly family time. I will talk to you soon. Bye guys!

1 comment:

  1. No bathing suit!!??!? Are you crazy? You might need to buy one :) You never know what you'll come across.

    ReplyDelete