Thursday, March 18, 2010

What do you wanna do now? I don't know. What do you wanna do?

Today was not too eventful. We took our time getting started and then headed out to see downtown New Orleans.

Unfortunately neither of us were too impressed. Nadeen was super excited to get here and I don't think the city quite met her expectations but we still enjoyed ourselves. We walked trough the city with camera in hand, Nadeen looking for the perfect Bourbon St. sign to snap a shot of, and I trying to predict where she was going to turn next. We walked down to the Mississippi River and put a toe in, it was pretty stinkin cold!. We also spent a good amount of time just looking for somewhere to eat (that wouldn't blow our budget) and Gumbo was a must on the menu.

I think my favorite part of the city was all the music. I enjoyed all the random people playing their instruments on the sidewalks whether it was the clapping of their hands or blowing on the saxophone.

Other than that we sat and waited almost 2 hours for an oil change and relaxed at the hotel.
Tomorrow we head out for Hot Springs, Arkansas and from there... well we aren't quite sure yet. Plans continue to change and so I've decided to plan for things to change so that things go according to plan that way :)

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment