Sunday, April 11, 2010

Stolen Credit Card Numbers!

Hello! Amanda couldn't finish up to catch everyone up so I will. We left Arizona and started driving towards Monument Valley (where all the Marlboro man and his commercials were shot) but then decided it was too out of the way so we went to Four Corners monument instead. I was super excited because who doesn't want to be in four places at once. But alas, because I was so excited, the Navajo Reservation decided to close the Monument down for construction. Funny thing is... NO ONE WAS WORKING! Anyways, we moved on and went straight to Canyonlands National Park in Utah.

After driving almost the entire day, we got there to find out the campground was completely full (as well as Arches National Park which was only 30 min away). Amanda went back in to use the phone to call the KOA because we had no service to be later accosted by the rude old angry woman who apparently needed the phone badly. No one told her that there were pay phones outside because she would have gladly used them. Amanda was on the phone in the middle of the reservation and wasn't gonna hang up. It didn't help that Dwayne from the KOA was new and taking 2 hours to get her name and number. Finally, her credit card was declined! Later we found out it was because Bank of America put a permanent hold on the card because we used it somewhere that credit cards numbers have been stolen before. Great so I'm thinking we have only my money and we will be coming home early (because they won't take the hold off in case they did get her number and they have to send her a new card). Well everything worked out and we got a campsite and we got money out of her account until her mom comes later with her card.

We still decided to look around Canyonlands since we were there and it was nice. Just not impressive. We left after about a hour and went up to Moad, UT to stay. The next day was spent at Arches which was actually pretty amazing in my opinion. We hiked a lot that day and I practiced my rock climbing. I did however break my camera because it fell out of my pocket as I was climbing down a rock and fell into the sand. So once again, on a longer trip, I broke my camera and probably have to get a new one. It's a good thing Amanda is way more responsible with her camera.

We got back ate dinner and then I had the brilliant plan to go back to Arches to see the stars because in all the pictures the sky at night looks crazy cool. We drove out there got to the area to hike and I turned off the head lights and decided there is no way I am hiking in pitch black with only a little flashlight. Plus the stars weren't that amazing, nothing we couldn't have seen back at the camp site. So we drove back as soon as we got there :) Now we are leaving and heading to Capitol Reef National Park in Utah and then Great Basin National Park in Nevada. We will update probably again in Vegas which is in about a week. Bye guys!

Nadeen

No comments:

Post a Comment